Saturday, June 9, 2007

Wolfville - Ah! Sweet Dreamland of the east

Had a blast yesterday on a raod trip to Wolfville. I had to show off my alma mater and favourite town in the east to my roomie, Niko (from BC). We drove down on a day so perfect it sparkled. The lovely views of mudflats and blomidon cliffs were a treat. We stopped at Eos --greatest little health food store ever -- lots of neat baskets and kitchen trinkets as well as a grandma's pantry of herbs and spices. We had to get tea! I picked up "spicy orange" and she found some wonderful "jasmine green" tea.
After loading up on teas, spices, soap and fresh bread; we toddled next door to The Odd Book. I find books in here that cannot be found anywhere else. I found several used (and much loved) reprints of key primary texts in the area of ancient and far eastern religions, dolls and anthropology. I feel a paper coming on.
I also bumped into Dr. Paula Chegwidden (retired!) who said the Soc Dept at Acadia has changed dramatically since I left. Jeanette Auger and Diane Looker have both retired. Ann-Marie is still there!
*Sigh* It felt good to dally in dappled green sunlight again.

No comments: