Friday, December 21, 2007

Let it Snow!

I'm finally moved into my new place! I have the trees up, presents bought and wrapped, and almost all the unpacking is done. I'm astonished at how much space there is in the new place (didn't seem that much bigger). But now I really don't care how cold it is outside or how frightful the weather -- I need only trundle through the pedway to reach work! I don't have to go outside at all unless it's to go to a store not represented in Scotia Square Mall. I love it! I can dash home for anything I forgot and be back in 5 min! No more waiting in the freezing cold for the bus that may -- or may not -- arrive.

The new place even has indoor and outdoor pools, saunas, weight room, gym, convenience store and pub all in the building. With all the pedways, I can even go to the bank, or for a good brisk walk without going outside. Hey, it's not that I hate winter -- I just hate being cold and wasting my time in transit. This move has allowed me to claw back 2 hours per work day. That means more sleep and more human contact - Whoo hoo!

This year we (read: me) didn't have the time to create a theme and make the ornaments for our holiday trees. One year we had a "Piratical Xmas"; and once a "Fabulous, Flying Machines" theme for decorations & gifts. This year there are just white mini lights on the tallest of the 3 trees. It looks pretty. I at least can look forward to having some time off for the holidays! First time in a while!

Cheers to all & Happy Festivus : )

Deva

No comments: